Working on advanced higher English dissertation: recommendations to consider
The time of the year for students to complete their dissertation has come around. Students are paniking and wondering how they are going to cope especially with all the other work they have to do. A thesis is not easy to write; however, if you are organized, motivated, focused and disciplined you can get it out of the way in no time at all. If you are writing a dissertation in english you should start by sourcing some english dissertation examples to study. Why not take advantage of this service, here are some recommendations on how to make your thesis a success.
- Read: As an English student you are going to have to do a lot of reading. However, when you are writing your dissertation, you are going to have to increase the amount of material that you read. Not only are you searching for information to include in your thesis, but you also want to make sure that you stay current and relevant when writing about your topic.
- Get organized: Organization is the key to completing your dissertation successfully. If you don’t already have a designated study area, you are going to have to create one. Make sure that you have a desk and a comfortable chair to sit on. The area should be clean and tidy and everything that you need should be in arms reach. This includes stationary, books, and snacks. Create a timetable with everything you need to do on it. You should give yourself a certain amount of time to complete each chapter and tick them off as you complete them. Remember, you are going to have other projects to write about; therefore, you will need to make sure that you prioritize your time but spend the majority of it on your dissertation.
- Choose your topic: It is essential that you choose a topic that you are interested in. Depending on your level of study you are going to have to write between 10,000 and 100,000 words. This is a lot of writing but if you are writing about something that you have no interest in it appears to be even more than it is. If you wouldn‘t choose to read a book that you don’t enjoy, why write about something that you don’t enjoy?
- See your supervisor: Your supervisor will be able to offer you a lot of invaluable advice while you are writing your dissertation. It is essential that you see your tutor often to ensure that you are on the right track.
- Limit your socializing: This is difficult for most college students to do because there is so much going on around campus that you don’t want to feel as if you have missed anything. Missing out on the fun should be the least of your concerns, focus on your project and have a proper celebration when its over.